• Coastal Carolina’s starting shortstop Nick Oberg did not play (sickness). Third baseman Zach Remillard moved from third to shortstop and Chris Suseck got the start at third base. It marked Suseck’s 14th start of the season.
• Chris Suseck’s stolen base in the second inning was just his third of the season and his run scored in that inning was just his fourth of the season. He scored on a one-out double by Jacob May.
• Coastal Carolina starting pitcher Tyler Herb made his 12th start of the season. The Chanticleers were 10-1 in his previous 11 starts before taking the loss against the Sooners.
• Coastal Carolina relief pitcher Ryan Connolly made the 138th appearance of his career when he entered the game in the sixth inning. He moved into a tie for fifth place with former South Florida pitcher Joey Livingston on the NCAA all-time list for pitching appearances.
• Oklahoma’s starting lineups has a combined 49 starts in the NCAA Tournament, including today’s game.
• The game marked the first meeting between Oklahoma and Coastal Carolina.
• Oklahoma is 77-67 all-time in the NCAA Tournament and 7-2 when playing in the state of Virginia since 2010.
• The Sooners are 14-15 when their opponent scores first and 8-10 when the opponent scores in the first inning.
• Max White, making his 17th start in a NCAA Tournament game, recorded his 21st multi-hit game of the season with a bunt single in the fifth inning.
• White made it his second four-hit game of the season with a RBI double to left in the eighth.
• Matt Oberste posted his team-leading 15th multi-RBI game with a two-run single in the fifth inning.
• Jonathan Gray struck out 11 batters, reaching double figures for the seventh time this season.
• Gray threw his fourth complete game of the season, second straight and went nine innings for the fifth time.
• Oklahoma designated hitter Colt Bickerstaff drove in a run in the bottom of the fourth inning on a double. The RBI marked just his 13th of the season and the double was his sixth.
• The Sooners are 32-5 when outhitting their opponent.