• Andrew Rash's double in the fourth inning was the 56th of his career, tying him for the fifth most doubles in a career at Tech (Sean O'Brien, 2004-08).
• Tyler Horan hit a one-out double in the fourth inning, which was his 25th of the year, tying him for the second most in a single season with Casey Waller (1989).
• With his 27th theft of the season, and 100th of his career, Billy Ferriter becomes the first Connecticut player in school history to record triple digit thefts.
•Virginia Tech has now won eight of the last nine games against the Huskies. UConn has not had a two-game win streak against VT since it won three straight between 1977-2001.
• Tom Verdi’s error was his 15th of the season. Verdi ends the year with the most errors on the 2013 squad.
• With his 5.1 inning outing tonight, Anthony Marzi has allowed just one earned run in 7.1 innings of NCAA Tournament action.
• The Huskies fall to 30-37 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
• Connecticut ends its season 18-21 against RHP, while holding a 17-7 mark against lefties.
• LJ Mazzilli was kept hitless for the 2nd straight game. It marks the first time in 13 NCAA Tournament games that he has failed to record a hit in consecutive games.
•Connecticut ends the season with 46 double-plays turned. UConn hit into 60 twin-killings throughout the year.