Katie Baer, a Virginia Tech athletics trainer, will be coordinating a university event entitled “Women in Sports Medicine” that will be held March 13 at 6:30 p.m. in the Bowman Room on the fourth floor of Tech’s Jamerson Athletics Center.
Speakers will include:
• Stephanie Aldret – Her topic will be the manipulation for practitioner-patient mismatch, and the importance of appropriate table height, mechanics and technique
• Baer – Her discussion will center on women in the athletics training room – perceptions and reality.
• Jenn McCrady – Her topic is on how to relate to the male athlete from a rehab/medical provider aspect.
• Jennie Schafer – She will discuss how to use a healthy lifestyle to portray confidence and stand out
• Bridget McSorley – Her discussion will be on networking and athletics career opportunities for a woman with a family.
• Renee Selberg-Eaton – Her topic focuses on females in a male-dominant setting – how to communicate and make connections to male patients.
For more information, call 540-231-2711 or e-mail Katieatc@vt.edu.
For updates on Virginia Tech football, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_Football).