BLACKSBURG (hokiesports.com) - The Virginia Tech football program will wrap up is offseason workouts with the annual Spring Game this Saturday inside Lane Stadium beginning at 3 p.m. The two teams will be divided up on Thursday to set the rosters for Saturday’s contest.
Fans can click here for the Game Day Page, but here are a few of the highlights:
• Admission is FREE
• The game will be broadcast live on ESPN3, the network’s online platform
• It can also be heard locally on 105.3 The Bear, as well as on Hokies All-Access (free), XM 192 and Sirius 134
• Gates 1-7 will open at 1 p.m.
• The upper deck in the South End Zone, as well as the upper section of the East Stands will be closed
• Parking is first-come, first-park. There is no reserved parking for anyone. Lot 4 (softball/track) will be closed Friday night and will be reserved for the softball game on Saturday. Fans are allowed to park in any designated spot in any designated lot. Anyone who parks in the grass or in a non-designated spot will be ticketed by campus parking services. Lot 3 will be reserved for ADA Parking and limited RV spaces will also be available.
• There will be an autograph session on the field for one hour following the conclusion of the game
There are several events on campus this weekend, including Relay For Life, women’s tennis, softball, lacrosse, the HokieBird Spring Festival and a canned food drive. Check the Game Day Page for all of the information.
Below are the rules for Saturday's game:
Punts and Kickoffs: Everything is live
Field Goals: Everything is live — three step
TV Timeout after each punt (1 minute)
Two minutes between quarters
40 second clock
No trick plays
Short yardage (3 yards or less and inside 8-yard line — all defenses)
QB: Thomas and Leal yellow shirts
White team spotted 13 points
For updates on Virginia Tech football, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_Football).