BLACKSBURG - Virginia Tech’s football team will host a special fan day experience to give Hokie fans a unique opportunity to interact with their favorite players and coaches. On Saturday, Aug. 9, the team will take part in Fan Appreciation Day inside Lane Stadium. The event is free of charge and gates will open at 11:30 a.m. for the public, at 11:15 a.m. for the Hokie Kids’ Club members. Fans are encouraged to use #VTFanDay on social media.
Members of the Tech football team, along with head coach Frank Beamer, associate head coach Shane Beamer, defensive coordinator Bud Foster and offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler will join the Hokie Bird and Tech cheerleaders on the field for autographs.
Below are the guidelines and additional information for the event. A detailed map is available for download in .PDF format here or at the right.
• In order to serve as many fans as possible, each fan may have only one (1) item signed per station. Autograph items are not restricted as long as they can be transported by one person without holding up the line and do not pose a safety hazard or impede the line. Posters and schedule cards will be provided at no charge.
• Players will be arranged by position groups at clearly marked tables around the perimeter of the field.
• The format for the autograph session is as follows: the team will be broken into nine different zones (see map). Single-file lines will shuttle fans through each zone.
• The entrance point to the event will be the southwest service tunnel on the field level. While the gate will open at 11:30 a.m., fans are encouraged to arrive early to get in the line, which will turn down Spring Road toward Cassell Coliseum. Hokie Kids’ Club members are to enter through the southeast tunnel on the same level.
• Concession stands will be available in the south end zone service area and complimentary Gatorade and water coolers will be set up around the field.
• Merchandise will also be for sale for those wanting to stock up for the upcoming season and the Virginia Tech Athletics Ticket Office staff will be on hand to take orders and answer any questions you may have about season tickets.
• A D.J. will be on hand to play music over the sound system and will also announce the winners of numerous raffles, which fans can register for at the marketing table when they enter.
• Fans may also get their photo taken with the HokieBird at the famous tunnel that the team comes out through on game days.
• Parking for Fan Appreciation Day is open to the public and free of charge. Fans can park in any legal spot in Lot 1 (Cassell), Lot 2 (Lane Stadium South End Zone) or Lot 5 (Chicken Hill). Lot 4 is not available for parking. Those parking in the grass or handicapped spots will be subject to towing.
• The event will end promptly at 12:30 p.m. due to other scheduled team activities.
• In case of inclement weather, the event would be moved onto the concourse of Lane Stadium.
On Sunday, the Outback Steakhouse Welcome Back Picnic will take place at 5 p.m. and will provide another chance for fans to meet the Hokies and get autographs. The cost of the event is $20 for adults, $10 for children 10 and under, and all proceeds from the event benefit Virginia Tech athletic scholarships and facilities. For more information, go to: http://www.hokiesports.com/football/recaps/20140714aaa.html
Season tickets are available for the 2014 Virginia Tech football season through hokietickets.com.
For updates on Virginia Tech football, follow the Hokies on Twitter Follow @VT_Football