BLACKSBURG - Virginia Tech Sports Today, the weekly television magazine-style program featuring head football coach Frank Beamer, makes its 2014 debut Sunday morning, Aug. 17 on television stations and cable networks throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions.
Virginia Tech Sports Today can be seen each Sunday in the following markets:
Baltimore, Md.: CSN Washington; 10:30 a.m.
Bluefield, Va.: WVVA-TV Channel 6; Noon
Bristol, Tenn.: WCYB-TV Channel 4; 9:30 a.m.
Harrisonburg,Va.: WHSV-TV Channel 3; Noon
Norfolk, Va.: WAVY-TV Channel 10; Noon
Richmond, Va.: WRIC-TV Channel 8; Noon
Roanoke, Va.: WDBJ-TV* Channel 7; 11:30 a.m.
Washington, D.C.: CSN Washington; 10:30 a.m.
NC,SC,GA,TN,AL: Fox Sports South; 9:30 a.m.
* denotes Flagship Station of Virginia Tech IMG Sports Network
Encore Performances: Additional airings can be seen in several areas. The following stations re-broadcast Virginia Tech Sports Today a second time each week:
Sunday MY19-Roanoke 6 p.m.
Tuesday Fox Sports South 6:30 p.m.
Saturday CSN Washington 10:30 a.m.
CSN Washington is the official Regional Sports Network of Virginia Tech Athletics. CSN Washington’s Virginia Tech page can be found here: http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/virginia-tech-talk
On this week’s show:
• Virginia Tech head coach Frank Beamer previews the 2014 season with host Bill Roth
• A player-by-player overview of the Hokies’ 2014 offense
• Season analysis with Tech Hall of Famer Mike Burnop
• A sit-down conversation with Andrew Allegretta and senior wide receiver Willie Byrn
• A look back at the first varsity game played at Lane Stadium, which celebrates its 50th year in 2014
• Introduction of Chuck Cantor, Tech’s new Director of Player Personnel, and Thomas Guerry, Director of High School Relations
For updates on Virginia Tech football, follow the Hokies on Twitter Follow @VT_Football