BLACKSBURG – Virginia Tech today announced a new social-centric mobile application that enhances the already dynamic experience at Lane Stadium/Worsham Field. Virginia Tech Athletics joined forces with IMG and SportsLabs to develop the Virginia Tech Game Day App to keep Hokie fans connected to the action while at the game or watching from home.
“IMG has been a good partner for Virginia Tech Athletics and we’re excited to work with them and SportsLabs to bring our fans this dynamic app,” Whit Babcock, Virginia Tech Director of Athletics said. “We continue to try and upgrade our fans’ experiences, and in this age of technology and thirst for instantaneous information, we are hopeful this Game Day App will complement their game-day experience.”
“We are pleased to partner with SportsLabs in bringing Hokie fans a one-of-a-kind game day companion app that we hope will further enhance the passion and excitement of game day this Fall,” said Chad Cleveland, AVP: Digital Content and Strategic Partnerships at IMG College.
The Virginia Tech Game Day App is packed with robust social, on-campus and stadium features that enhance the game day experience by delivering:
• Free live game audio;
• Real-time Instagram and Twitter feeds from the team and fans;
• The official game-day guide with key times, events and need-to-know information including stadium maps and parking to plan the day;
• Enhanced location-aware maps for fans attending both home and away games;
• Live Conference and Top 25 scores, real-time stats;
• Opt-in alerts for weather updates, pre-game events, play-by-play information and more.
A limited number of season tickets remain for the 2014 football season. To purchase season tickets or single-game tickets to William & Mary, East Carolina, Georgia Tech, Western Michigan or Boston College, log on to hokietickets.com or call the Virginia Tech Athletics Ticket Office at (540) 231-6731 or toll-free at 1-800 VA TECH4 (1-800-828-3244).
For updates on Virginia Tech football, follow the Hokies on Twitter Follow @VT_Football