Here are five things to know that may help as you travel to Columbus this weekend to cheer on the Hokies:
1. Parking: Parking is available day of game on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information about parking, please click here.
2. Social Events and Tailgating:
Friday Night Happy Hour - Friday, Sept. 5
Hokie Club Happy Hour
River City Grille
Columbus Marriott Northwest (Dublin)
The Alumni Association will host a tailgate on Saturday, Sept. 6
The Fawcett Center
Ohio State campus
Cost - $30 (register online with Alumni Association):
For questions, contact Brian Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-571-5421.
3. Will Call: Fans wishing to pick up their tickets in Columbus should head to Gate 6, North End of the Stadium. A Virginia Tech Athletics representative will be at the Player Guest Will Call to assist anyone who has a problem (lost tickets or forgotten) with their tickets purchased through Virginia Tech.
4. Where can I find a map of the stadium: Click here for a map of Ohio Stadium.
5. Directions: On game day, select streets on and around campus become one way. Upon completion of the game, the patterns will be reversed. Traffic control officers will direct you. Guests with parking passes should follow the directions on their parking passes.
Campus may be accessed from exits on SR-315 north and south and I-71 north and south. Please note along these routes for available exits as exit availability may be adjusted due to construction.
Please Note: Directions given on GPS systems may not be accurate on game days.
Thank you for traveling to see the Hokies play. See you in Columbus!
For updates on Virginia Tech football, follow the Hokies on Twitter Follow @VT_Football