BLACKSBURG – Virginia Tech serves as the host for the annual Maroon-Orange Spring Game, which will be played this Saturday at Lane Stadium. Kickoff for the game has been set for 2:30 p.m.
The Tech athletics department wanted to make fans aware of several things:
• Parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• Beamer Way will be closes at 11 a.m. and remain closed until after the game.
• The ticket office will open at 11:30 for those who wish to purchase 2016 season tickets.
• Hokie Village opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 1:45 p.m.
• Gates 1 through 7 open at 12:30 p.m. Concessions open at that time as well.
• The game is free, with no tickets required.
• Fans can sit on the west side, south end zone and the lower section of the east side.
• The game will consist of four, 12-minute quarters, with a running clock and a 10-minute halftime session
• The roster will not be split into teams. The game will be offense versus defense, with the defense able to score in three ways – turnover (seven points), three-and-out (three points) and a defensive stop (one point).
• Fans unable to attend can listen to the action on the Virginia Tech IMG Sports Network or on SiriusXM College Nation (channel 84). Fans can listen in the stadium on 105.3 FM.
• The game will not be televised.
• Fans are welcome to take “selfies” and photos on the field following the conclusion of the game after team clears the field and a PA announcement has been made. To allow our student-athletes to see their families immediately following the game, there will not be an autograph following the spring game.
For more information on the spring game, please click here.
For updates on Virginia Tech football, follow the Hokies on Twitter Follow @VT_Football and on Instagram @vthokiefootball