BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Virginia Tech and Coke Zero are excited to launch the ‘Ultimate Hokie Basketball Fan’ student video contest. The winner will be announced at the 2013 Blackout game vs. Maryland on February 7th presented by UMI Communities. The winning contestant will win a trip for two to the 2013 NCAA Men’s Final Four in Atlanta. Fans are invited to submit a 90-second video telling us why you are Virginia Tech Basketball’s "Ultimate Fan" while also promoting the Blackout game versus Maryland, which is sponsored by UMI Communities. The contest is open to current Virginia Tech students and all videos must be submitted by Monday, February 4th.
Virginia Tech Athletics will post the finalists’ videos to Facebook and the three contestants that receive the most ‘likes’ and ‘shares’ will compete for the Grand Prize in an on-court contest during halftime of the Maryland game on February 7th.
In addition to the Coke Zero ‘Ultimate Hokie Basketball Fan’ Promotion, one lucky student will have the chance to sink a half court shot to win $10,000 at the Maryland game, thanks to UMI Communities!
- All contestants must be a current Virginia Tech student
- Video cannot exceed 90 seconds
- Video must tell why you are the ‘Ultimate Hokie Basketball Fan’ and promote the Blackout Game
- Video must exemplify Hokies Respect
- To win you must be able to attend the Maryland game on February 7th
- All videos must be submitted by Monday, February 4th
- To submit an entry e-mail your video or send a YouTube link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updates on Virginia Tech men's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_MBBall).