• Last season’s return of the Hilton Garden Inn Hokie Invitational saw Virginia Tech go 1-1. After falling 1-0 in OT to Wisconsin in the first game, but the Hokies rebounded to defeat Cincinnati 2-1 in the last match of the tournament.
• Virginia Tech has hosted a home tournament 12 previous times in program history, with the first being in 1982.
Scouting SIU-Edwardsville/series history
• The Cougars are coming off of an 8-8-4 season, while going 1-4-1 in the Missouri Valley Conference.
• Senior Benny Jeffery and sophomore Matt Polster were selected to the preseason All-MVC team.
• This is the first meeting between Virginia Tech and SIUE.
Scouting Richmond/series history
• The Spiders return eight starters from their 2011 squad which ended the season with a 5-12-2 record, going 4-5 in the Atlantic 10.
• The winner of this year’s contest will take a one game-advantage in the series with the two school’s tied at 7-7-0.
• The Hokies are 4-1 in the last five meetings dating back to 1991.
• Tech defeated Richmond in the last match-up between the sides in 2007, a 1-0 game at Thompson Field.
For updates on Virginia Tech men's soccer, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_MSoccer).