|(30) Virginia Tech||7|
BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Virginia Tech got a busy weekend off to a successful start Friday afternoon with a 7-0 victory over James Madison at the Burrows-Burleson Tennis on the Virginia Tech campus. The Hokies improved to 5-4 on the year while the Dukes fell to 3-3. JMU defeated St. Bonaventure, 6-1, in a morning match.
Tech swept all three doubles matches for the first point of the day, then took all of the six singles matches in the victory.
After taking the doubles point, the Hokies increased the advantage to 3-0 as Corrado Degl’ Incerti Tocci (Jr., Reggio Emilia, Italy) defeated Florent Sentenac, 6-3, 6-0, at No. 3 and Trpimir Kujundzic (So., Zagreb, Croatia) took the No. 5 match, 6-3, 6-1, over Jovan Milic. Tech clinched the dual match as Patrick Daciek (Jr., Severna Park, Md.) won his No. 2 contest, 7-6, 6-1, over Bertrand Moulin.
In other singles results, Luka Somen (Jr., Karlovac, Croatia), ranked No. 39 nationally, defeated Greg Vladimirsky, 7-6, 6-3, at No. 1, Lucas Oliviera (So., Sao Paulo, Brazil) won, 7-6, 6-4, at No. 6 versus Yaroslav Voznenko and Will Beck (Sr., Potomac, Md.) completed the shutout at No. 4 with his 6-2, 6-7, 6-3, victory against Ryan Pool.
In doubles action, Somen/Tocci defeated Pool/Vladimirsky, 8-3, at No. 2 and Kujundzic/Oliviera clinched the point with their 8-4 win at No. 3 over Sentenac/Voznenko. The Hokies completed the doubles sweep as Beck/Graber edged King/Moulin, 8-7, at No. 1.
Tech will play host to St. Bonaventure this evening at 6 p.m., and will also take on Penn State at noon on Sun., Feb. 20 at noon.
#30 Virginia Tech 7, James Madison 0
1. #39 Luka Somen (VT) def. Greg Vladimirsky (JMU) 7-6, 6-3
2. Patrick Daciek (VT) def. Bertrand Moulin (JMU) 7-6, 6-1
3. Corrado Degl’ Incerti Tocci (VT) def. Florent Sentenac (JMU) 6-3, 6-0
4. Will Beck (VT) def. Ryan Pool (JMU) 6-2, 6-7, 6-3
5. Trpimir Kujundzic (VT) def. Jovan Milic (JMU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Lucas Oliviera (VT) def. Yaroslav Voznenko (JMU) 7-6, 6-4
Order of finish: 3, 5, 2*, 1, 6, 4
1. Beck/Graber (VT) def. King/Moulin (JMU) 8-7
2. Somen/Tocci (VT) def. Pool/Vladimirsky (JMU) 8-3
3. Kujundzic/Oliviera (VT) def. Sentenac/Voznenko (JMU) 8-4
Order of finish: 2, 3*, 1
For updates on Virginia Tech men's tennis, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_MTennis).