|(30) Virginia Tech||7|
BLACKSBURG, Va. -- The Virginia Tech men’s tennis team completed a very successful day with a 7-0 victory over St. Bonaventure Friday evening at the Burrows-Burleson Tennis on the Virginia Tech campus. The Hokies improved to 6-4 with their third straight win on the year, while the Bonnies fell to 2-4. St. Bonaventure lost, 6-1, in a morning match against James Madison.
Tech swept all three doubles matches for the first point of the day, then took all of the six singles matches in the victory.
After taking the doubles point, Pedro Graber (r-Sr., Santiago, Chile) defeated Chris Post, 6-2, 6-4, at No. 1, Corrado Degl’ Incerti Tocci (Jr., Reggio Emilia, Italy) won, 7-5, 6-2, at No. 2 against Enrique Larregola and Francesc Aulina Fajula (Fr., Barcelona, Spain) took the No. 3 contest, 7-5, 6-4, over Mikhail Sudakov.
In other singles results, Lucas Oliviera (So., Sao Paulo, Brazil) won a tough No. 4 match, 6-4, 6-7 (3), 1-0 (7), versus Elliott Fanshel, Jon Pine (Jr., Vienna, Va.) defeated Oscar Yanez, 6-0, 6-4, at No. 5 and Zach Pine easily defeated Jamie Ortiz in the No. 6 match, 6-1, 6-0.
In doubles action, Will Beck (Sr., Potomac, Md.)/Graber defeated Fanshel/Post, 8-1, at No. 1 and Fajula/Luka Somen (Jr., Karlovac, Croatia) clinched the point with their 8-2 win at No. 3 over Ortiz/Yanez. The Hokies completed the doubles sweep as Trpimir Kujundzic (So., Zagreb, Croatia)/Oliviera won, 8-4, over Larregola/Sudakov, 8-4, at No. 2.
Tech will take on No. 72 Penn State Sunday at noon.
#30 Virginia Tech 7, St. Bonaventure 0
1. Pedro Graber (VT) def. Chris Post (SBU) 6-2, 6-4
2. Corrado Degl’ Incerti Tocci (VT) def. Enrique Larregola (SBU) 7-5, 6-2
3. Francesc Aulina Fajula (VT) def. Mikhail Sudakov (SBU) 7-5, 6-4
4. Lucas Oliviera (VT) def. Elliott Fanshel (SBU) 6-4, 6-7 (3), 1-0 (7)
5. Jon Pine (VT) def. Oscar Yanez (SBU) 6-0, 6-4
6. Zachary Pine (VT) def. Jamie Ortiz (SBU) 6-1, 6-0
Order of finish:
1. Will Beck/Graber (VT) def. Fanshel/Post (SBU) 8-1
2. Trpimir Kujundzic/Oliviera (VT) def. Larregola/Sudakov (SBU) 8-4
3. Fajula/Luka Somen (VT) def. Ortiz/Yanez (SBU) 8-2
Order of finish: 1, 3*, 2
For updates on Virginia Tech men's tennis, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_MTennis).