|(30) Virginia Tech||7|
BLACKSBURG, Va. -- The Virginia Tech men’s tennis team extended its winning streak to five with a 7-0 victory over Boston College Saturday afternoon at the Burrows-Burleson Tennis on the Virginia Tech campus. The Hokies improved to 8-4 overall and 2-1 in the ACC, while the Eagles fell to 4-7 on the year and 0-3 in the conference.
Tech swept all three doubles matches for the first point of the day, then took all of the six singles matches in the victory.
After taking the doubles point, the Hokies quickly increased the advantage to 3-0 as Corrado Degl’ Incerti Tocci (Jr., Reggio Emilia, Italy) defeated Erik Kreutzer, 6-4, 6-1, at No. 3 and Pedro Graber (r-Sr., Santiago, Chile) took the No. 2 match, 6-4, 6-2, against Alex Skinner. Tech clinched the victory at No. 4 with Will Beck’s (Sr., Potomac, Md.), 6-3, 6-3, win over Jonathan Raude.
In other singles results, Trpimir Kujundzic (So., Zagreb, Croatia) defeated Michael McGinnis, 6-4, 6-2, at No. 5, Luka Somen (Jr., Karolvac, Croatia), ranked No. 39 nationally, recorded a come-from-behind, 1-6, 6-1, 6-2, win at No. 1 versus Akash Muppidi and Francesc Aulina Fajula (Fr., Barcelona, Spain) took the No. 6 match, 5-7, 6-3, 6-4, over Jonathan Schroeder.
In doubles action, Somen/Tocci took the No. 2 match, 8-2, over McGinnis/Skinner and Tech the point as Kujundzic/Lucas Oliviera (So., Sao Paulo, Brazil) defeated Adam Davidson/Kreutzer, 8-6, at No. 3. The Hokies completed the sweep with a 8-6 v ictory at No. 1 by Beck/Graber over Billy Grokenberger/Muppidi.
Tech will take on Brown Sunday at 1 p.m.
#30 Virginia Tech 7, Boston College 0
1. #39 Luka Somen (VT) def. Akash Muppidi (BC) 1-6, 6-1, 6-2
2. Pedro Graber (VT) def. Alex Skinner (BC) 6-4, 6-2
3. Corrado Degl’ Incerti Tocci (VT) def. Erik Kreutzer (BC) 6-4, 6-1
4. Will Beck (VT) def. Jonathan Raude (BC) 6-3, 6-3
5. Trpimir Kujundzic (VT) def. Michael McGinnis (BC) 6-4, 6-2
6. Francesc Aulina Fajula (VT) def. Jonathan Schroeder (BC) 5-7, 6-3, 6-4
Order of finish: 3, 2, 4*, 5, 1, 6
1. Beck/Graber (VT) def. Billy Grokenberger/Muppidi (BC) 8-6
2. Somen/Tocci (VT) def. McGinnis/Skinner (BC) 8-2
3. Kujundzic/Lucas Oliviera (VT) def. Adam Davidson/Kreutzer (BC) 8-6
Order of finish: 2, 3*, 1
For updates on Virginia Tech men's tennis, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_MTennis).