BLACKSBURG, Va. – The No. 40 Virginia Tech men’s tennis team rolled past St. Bonaventure on Sunday afternoon with a 7-0 win at the Burrows-Burleson Tennis Center.
Patrick Daciek and Lucas Oliveira teamed up for an 8-5 win in the No. 2 doubles, defeating Javier Ortiz and Elliot Fanshel. In the No. 3 doubles Jonathan Pine and Hunter Koontz blanked the SBU duo of Trevor Haskell and Miguel Suarez, 8-0.
The Hokies continued their winning ways into the singles matches as Koontz downed Guevara, 6-1, 6-1 in the No. 2 singles to put the Hokies up 2-0 on the Bonnies. In the No. 1 Daciek defeated Yanez, 6-1, 6-0 as Tech extended its lead to 3-0.
Marko Lovrinovic secured the team win for the Hokies as he defeated Haskell 6-1, 6-1 in the No. 6 match.
In the No. 3 singles, Trpimir Kujundzic defeated Fanshel, 6-3, 6-1 while Zach Pine secured the point in the No. 5 singles with a 6-1, 6-4 decision against Ortiz. Jon Pine defeated Suarez 4-6, 6-1, 11-9 in the No. 4.
Tech will remain in action this afternoon, hosting James Madison at 4 p.m. at the Burrows-Burleson Tennis Center.
1. Patrick Daciek (VT) def. Oscar Yanez (SBU) 6-1, 6-0
2. Hunter Koontz (VT) def. Luis Guevara (SBU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Trpimir Kujundzic (VT) def. Elliot Fanshel (SBU) 6-3, 6-1
4. Jonathan Pine (VT) def. Miguel Suarez (SBU) 4-6, 6-1, 11-9
5. Zachary Pine (VT) def. Javier Ortiz (SBU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Marko Lovrinovic (VT) def. Trevor Haskell (SBU) 6-1, 6-1
Order of finish: 2,1,6*,3,5,4
1. #44 Luka Somen/Corrado Degl’ Incerti Tocci (VT) def. Guevara/Yanez (SBU) 8-5
2. Daciek/Lucas Oliveira (VT) def. Ortiz/Fanshel (SBU) 8-5
3. J. Pine/Koontz (VT) def. Haskell/Suarez (SBU) 8-0
Order of finish: 3,2*,1
For updates on Virginia Tech men's tennis, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_MTennis).