Virginia Tech announces Second Annual Celebration of Women's Sports
All proceeds benefit the Virginia Tech women's athletics programs
March 24, 2017
BLACKSBURG - The Virginia Tech Department of Athletics will hold its Second Annual Celebration of Women’s Sports brought to you by Coca-Cola, with luncheon and online auction presented by Carilion Clinic. Funds raised from the luncheon, scheduled for April 21, and auction will benefit the women’s athletics programs and an expanded training table for those student-athletes. This year’s event features Virginia Tech Olympians Kristi Castlin and Carmen Farmer as the Hokies celebrate all that women can achieve through college athletics.
“We are very excited to be hosting our Second Annual Celebration of Women’s Sports,” said Deputy Athletics Director Desiree Reed-Francois. “Last year’s celebration was a big success and we are looking forward to an even better event this year. We are thrilled to be able to have former student-athletes and Olympians Kristi Castlin and Carmen Farmer join us this year as they speak about their experiences representing our country in international competition and how Tech helped them on their journeys. This is a truly special event that allows us to really cast a spotlight on the achievements of our female student-athletes both in competition and in life.”
The auction, presented by Carilion Clinic, has launched on HokieSports.com and consists of several Virginia Tech Fan Experience packages, as well as memorabilia and Hokies gear.
Some of the most notable items include:
- Trip for two to the ACC Women’s Lacrosse Tournament April 27, 28 & 30 in Richmond, Virginia.
- Honorary Coach for the Day – An opportunity to join the team of your choosing for pregame film, on-field warm ups, pregame speech and during the national anthem.
- Enter Sandman Spirit Event of a Lifetime – Experience football pregame from a Virginia Tech cheerleader’s point of view, including the Hokie Walk, Enter Sandman team entrance and “Let’s Go Hokies” pregame cheer.
- Join Coach Frank Beamer and his wife Cheryl in their suite for a football game this season.
- Hold your child’s birthday at one of our Olympic Sport events.
Attendees will enjoy lunch from Bull & Bones, presented by Carilion Clinic, with Hokie student-athletes and head coaches of Virginia Tech women’s sports teams while hearing from Castlin, Farmer and other Hokies’ student-athletes past and present. The Celebration of Women’s Sports event, brought to you by Coca-Cola, will begin at 11:30 a.m. and cost to attend is $100 per person. Please visit HokieSports.com for more information and continued updates.
Funds raised from the events will go directly to support the women’s athletics programs at Virginia Tech to further the opportunities provided by the department in shaping the future of tomorrow’s female leaders.
For updates on Virginia Tech Athletics, follow the Hokies on Twitter Follow @hokiesports