Limited space still available for Celebration of Women's Sports Luncheon
Online auction deadline: April 21
April 10, 2017
BLACKSBURG – The Virginia Tech Department of Athletics announced Monday that there is still limited space available for those interested in attending the second annual Celebration of Women’s Sports sponsored by Coca-Cola on April 21 beginning at 11:30 a.m. in the Veatch Players’ Football Lounge.
Attendees will enjoy a luncheon from Bull & Bones, presented by Carilion Clinic, and be joined by student-athletes and coaches from Virginia Tech women’s sports teams. Those in attendance also will be treated to a panel discussion with Virginia Tech Olympians Kristi Castlin and Carmen Farmer. Cost to attend is $100 per person and online registration is open through the end of the day on Wednesday, April 12. (Link)
In conjunction with the luncheon, Carilion Clinic also is presenting an online auction (Link), featuring Hokies memorabilia and several Virginia Tech fan experiences. Bidding ends at 5 p.m. on April 21. Items include:
- Sit with a Legend: You and a guest will join legendary head coach Frank Beamer and wife Cheryl in their suite at Lane Stadium for a mutually agreed upon game.
- Sandman Spirit Event of a Lifetime: You and up to three guests can participate in a once-in-a-lifetime True Hokie Experience with the Virginia Tech spirit squads. Participate in the Hokie Walk, enter the field through the tunnel and touch the Hokie Stone. Stand on the field for pregame festivities, hold up the “Let’s Go …” Hokies signs during the Stadium Yell and have the opportunity to carry the ‘S’ flag with the cheer team.
- Honorary Coach for the Day: Choose between softball, women’s soccer, volleyball and swimming & diving. These packages give you the opportunity to experience the day of a game in a whole new way with a behind-the-scenes look at what takes place before the action starts.
- Friend vs. Friend – Honorary Coaches at the Spring Game: Grab a friend (or frienemy) and see who comes out on top, as each of you serve as honorary coaches for the two teams during the spring game. Get an insider’s first look at the 2017 football team. (NOTE: Bidding for this item ends Wednesday, April 19)
- ACC Tournament Trip with Women’s Lacrosse: Join the Hokies for the 2017 ACC Tournament in Richmond on April 27. This package includes two tickets for the opening game, a parking pass, two hospitality passes and a night lodging at the team hotel.
- Equipment Manager for a Game: You and a friend will have a unique game day experience, as you “Go to work with the Hokies.” Your day will be similar to that of the members of the Virginia Tech football equipment staff.
- Women’s Basketball Recruit for the Day: Experience what it is like to be a Division I women’s basketball prospect. Spend a day with the women’s basketball staff, visit campus, receive a behind-the-scenes tour and eat lunch with the team in Tech’s award-winning dining facilities.
- Paint the Field: Join the Virginia Tech grounds crew, as they prepare and paint Worsham Field for game day.
- Tennis Lesson: Receive a one-hour tennis lesson with a member of the Virginia Tech women’s tennis staff.
- Behind the Scenes Game-day Experience: See what it is like to put on an event for 65,632 people by going behind-the-scenes on game day this fall. Attend the officials meeting, with representatives from Tech and the visiting team football programs, check out the view from the top of Lane Stadium, enter the field through the tunnel and be there for “Enter Sandman.”
- Nutrition Tips from the Pros: Meet with Tech registered dietician Jennie Zabinsky and learns tips and tricks (just like Tech’s student-athletes do) for better nutrition.
- and many more!
Funds raised from the Celebration of Women’s Sports luncheon and auction will benefit the Virginia Tech women’s athletics programs, furthering the opportunities provided by the department in shaping the future of tomorrow’s female leaders.
For updates on Virginia Tech Athletics, follow the Hokies on Twitter Follow @hokiesports