BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech volleyball team remains on the road for a pair of ACC matches, traveling to Georgia Tech for a 7 p.m. match on Friday, Oct. 5 before making the trip to Clemson, S.C. to face Clemson on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 7:30 p.m. Tech's match at Georgia Tech will be available for viewing via livestats as well as Ramblin' Wreck All-Access. Saturday's match will be available on live stats.
- Tech picked up a pair of ACC road wins last weekend, defeating Maryland 3-2 on Friday before sweeping Boston College 3-0 on Sunday.
- Kathryn Caine led the Hokies with 23 kills, hitting .588 on the weekend. Against the Terrapins, Caine had 13 kills and tallied 10 against the Eagles.
- Samantha Gostling added 22 kills and Jennifer Wiker had 21 on the weekend.
- Gostling is leading the Hokies with 3.32 kills per set while Wiker is adding 3.16. Jordan Fish is notching an ACC-best 11.33 assists per set. In addition, Fish ranks 25th in the NCAA in assists per set.
- On the defensive side, Victoria Hamsher is recording 1.00 blocks per set and Morgan O'Neill is averaging 4.21 digs per set, ranking fifth in the league.
- The Hokies are second in the ACC and 15th in the NCAA in team attack percentage at .282.
Scouting the Yellow Jackets
- Georgia Tech fell to North Carolina, 3-0 the last time out. Monique Mead and Bailey Hunter posted 10 kills each.
- Hunter and Mead lead the Yellow Jackets on the season, averaging 3.70 and 3.68 kills per set, respectively. Kaleigh Colson is tallying 10.06 assists per set.
- On the defensive side, Annie Czarnecki is posting 1.16 blocks per set and Nicki Meyer is notching 3.34 digs per set.
- This is the 18th time the two teams have met. Georgia Tech holds the 10-7 lead in the series, but the Hokies won the most recent meeting, 3-2 (23-25, 25-20, 25-17, 11-25, 15-8) on Oct. 21, 2011 in Blacksburg. Cara Baarendse tallied 17 kills for the Hokies and Jennifer Wiker added 10. Monique Mead knocked down 24 kills for the Yellow Jackets.
- The Hokies also won the last meeting in Atlanta, defeating the Yellow Jackets 3-0 on Nov. 12, 2010.
Scouting the Tigers
- Clemson will face Virginia on Friday, Oct. 5 before hosting the Hokies on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 7:30 p.m. The Eagles fell to NC State 3-1 last weekend. Sandra Adeleye led Clemson with 16 kills while Moneshia Simmons added 11.
- Simmons leads the Tigers with 3.67 kills per set and Adeleye is adding 3.48 kps. Hannah Brenner is putting up 9.24 assists per set.
- Defensively, Karis Watson is averaging 1.23 blocks per set and Natalie Patzin is notching 4.42 digs per set.
- Clemson holds the all-time series record at 12-8 and has won four of the past seven meetings between the two teams. The Hokies won the last match-up on Oct. 23, 2011 with a 3-2 (25-22, 13-25, 14-25, 25-19, 15-11) victory at Cassell Coliseum. Cara Baarendse knocked down 13 kills in the win while Samantha Gostling added 11. Clemson's Sandra Adeleye and Moneshia Simmons tallied 12 kills each.
- Clemson claimed the last meeting in South Carolina on Nov. 13, 2010, defeating the Hokies 3-1 (25-10, 21-25, 23-25, 19-25).
For updates on Virginia Tech volleyball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_VBall).