|Virginia Tech (13-11)||26||15||29||17||9||2|
BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech volleyball team returns to Cassell Coliseum to host Clemson on Friday, Nov. 2 at 7 p.m. On Saturday, Nov. 3, the Hokies will play host to Georgia Tech in a 6 p.m. match.
vs. Georgia Tech
Live Stats - Link
- Tech fell #12 Florida State 3-0 the last time out. Victoria Hamsher tallied 10 kills, hitting .571 on the attack while Cara Baarendse added seven kills.
- Jennifer Wiker is leading the Hokies with 3.20 kills per set while Samantha Gostling is adding 3.01. Jordan Fish is notching 10.69 assists per set to rank second in the league.
- On the defensive side, LaTasha Samson-Akpan has recorded 25 blocks in 10 matches played, averaging 1.14 per set. Morgan O'Neill is averaging 4.30 digs per set, ranking fifth in the league.
- The Hokies are second in the ACC and 20th in the NCAA in team attack percentage at .263.
Scouting the Tigers
- Clemson defeated Maryland, 3-2 the last time out. Three players tallied double-digit kills with Moneshia Simmons leading the way with 19. Sernat Yaz had 17 and Sandra Adeleye added 13.
- Adeleye leads the Tigers on the season, averaging 3.46 kills per set. Simmons is adding 3.12 kps. Hannah Brenner is putting up 9.63 assists per set with Kamryn Sherman adding 5.65.
- On the defensive side, Alexa Rand is posting 1.19 blocks per set and Adeleye is adding 1.02 bps. Natalie Patzin is notching 4.55 digs per set, ranking third in the league.
- Clemson holds the 13-8 all-time lead in the series and claimed a 3-0 (25-20, 25-23, 25-20) decision earlier this season on Oct. 6, 2012 in Clemson. Jennifer Wiker had 17 kills and Cara Baarendse added nine for Tech. Sandra Adeleye posted 10 kills for the Tigers with Serenat Yaz tallying 10.
- The Hokies defeated Clemson last season in Blacksburg, 3-2 (25-22, 13-25, 14-25, 25-19, 15-11). Baarendse had 13 kills for Virginia Tech while Moneshia Simmons, Adeleye and Yaz each had 12.
Scouting the Yellow Jackets
- Georgia Tech will face Virginia on Friday, Nov. 2 before traveling to Blacksburg on Saturday, Nov. 3 for a 6 p.m. match. The Yellow Jackets defeated Boston College 3-0 last weekend. Bailey Hunter had 15 kills while Monique Mead knocked down 13 for GT.
- Mead leads the Yellow Jackets with 3.88 kills per set, ranking second in the ACC. Hunter is adding 3.39 kps. GT's Kaleigh Colson is recording 10.43 assists per set to rank third in the league.
- Defensively, Annie Czarnecki is averaging 1.13 blocks per set and Nicki Meyer is notching 3.22 digs per set.
- Georgia Tech holds the all-time series record at 11-7 and won the last meeting between the two teams 3-1 (25-23, 22-25, 25-13, 25-19) earlier this season on Oct. 5 in Atlanta. Virginia Tech was led by Jennifer Wiker with 21 kills while Samantha Gostling added 11. Bailey Hunter knocked down 23 kills and Monique Mead added 16 for the Yellow Jackets.
- The Hokies defeated the Yellow Jackets 3-2 (23-25, 25-20, 25-17, 11-25, 16-8) last season in Blacksburg. Cara Baarendse had 17 kills for the Hokies and Mead posted 24 for the Yellow Jackets.
For updates on Virginia Tech volleyball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_VBall).