|Virginia Tech (15-13)||20||22||21||0|
|North Carolina (23-5)||25||25||25||3|
BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech volleyball team will take to the road for the final time during the 2012 season as the Hokies travel to face No. 25 North Carolina on Friday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. Tech will remain in the area to play NC State on Saturday, Nov. 17 in a 5 p.m. match.
- Tech fell to Maryland 3-1 the last time out. Cara Baarendse tallied 15 kills, hitting .389 on the attack while Victoria Hamsher added 10 kills.
- Jennifer Wiker is leading the Hokies with 3.11 kills per set while Samantha Gostling is adding 2.94. Jordan Fish is notching 10.05 assists per set to rank fourth in the league. Allison Munter is putting up 3.84 aps.
- On the defensive side, LaTasha Samson-Akpan has recorded 47 blocks in 14 matches played, averaging 1.27 per set. O'Neill is averaging 4.45 digs per set, ranking fourth in the league.
- The Hokies are third in the ACC and 38th in the NCAA in team attack percentage at .252.
Scouting the Tar Heels
- North Carolina defeated Clemson, 3-1 the last time out. Paige Neuenfeldt and Lauren Adkins led the Tar Heels in kills with 13 each. Kayla Berringer added 11 and Emily McGee tallied 10.
- McGee leads UNC with 2.69 kills per set. Berringer is addding 2.57 kps while Adkins is averaging 2.48. Cora Harms is putting up 7.98 assists per set with Jordyn Schnable notching 5.44 aps.
- Defensively, Carolina has three players averaging over one block per set with Neuenfeldt's 1.18 leading the way. Ece Taner is notching 4.00 digs per set.
- North Carolina holds the 18-5 all-time lead in the series and claimed a 3-0 (25-22, 25-22, 25-14) decision earlier this season on Oct. 14 in Blacksburg. Jennifer Wiker and Samantha Gostling had 10 kills each. Lauren Adkins posted 15 kills for the Tar Heels with Cameron Van Noy tallying 11.
- The Tar Heels also picked up the win last season in Chapel Hill, winning 3-0 (25-22, 25-14, 25-17).
Scouting the Wolfpack
- NC State will face Virginia on Friday, Nov. 16 before facing the Hokies on Saturday. The Wolfpack fell to Georgia Tech 3-1 last weekend. Brie Merriwether had 15 kills while Alesha Wilson knocked down 12.
- Dariyan Hopper leads the Wolfpack with 2.78 kills per set. Merriwether is adding 2.62 and Wilson is posting 2.61 kps. NC State's Megan Cyr is recording 10.25 assists per set
- Defensively, Wilson is averaging 1.04 blocks per set and Alston Kearns is notching 3.74 digs per set.
- The Hokies lead the all-time series 17-9, but NC State won the last meeting between the two teams 3-1 (25-23, 19-25, 25-23, 25-22) earlier this season on Oct. 12 in Blacksburg. Virginia Tech was led by Kathryn Caine with 13 kills while Samantha Gostling added 12 and Cara Baarendse recorded 10. Alesha Wilson knocked down 19 kills and Dariyan Hopper added 14 for the Wolfpack.
- The Hokies defeated NC State 3-2 (25-22, 24-26, 32-30, 15-25, 15-10) last season in Raleigh. Cara Baarendse had 15 kills for the Hokies and Dariyan Hopper posted 21 for the Wolfpack.
For updates on Virginia Tech volleyball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_VBall).