BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will host George Washington on Sunday, Nov. 25 in a 3 p.m. game at Cassell Coliseum.
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Game Notes: Link
- The series is tied 10-10 between the Hokies and the Colonials. The two teams met last season when Tech claimed a 55-48 win in Washington, D.C. Alyssa Fenyn recorded a double-double for the Hokies with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
- Virginia Tech also secured the win the last time the two teams met in Blacksburg. The Hokies defeated the Colonials 68-52 on March 16, 2002 as part of the WNIT.
- The Hokies are 100-64 all-time against teams from the Atlantic 10. Virginia Tech was a member of the A-10, 1995-2000. Tech claimed the conference tournament title in 1998 and followed that up with a regular season title in 1998-99.
- Virginia Tech fell to Michigan State, 57-29 the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Aerial Wilson with eight points while Alyssa Fenyn added seven. Taijah Campbell grabbed six rebounds.
- Fenyn leads the Hokies on the season, averaging 8.7 points per game and a team-high 4.3 assists per game. Campbell is adding 6.7 ppg while recording a team-best 7.0 rebounds per game.
- George Washington defeated USC Upstate, 48-37, in the team’s last game.
- Danni Jackson and Shi-Heria Shipp had 11 points each. Jackson also handed out six assists and grabbed six steals for the Colonials. Sara Mostafa recorded seven rebounds. GW recorded 22 steals as a team in the game.
- George Washington returns four starters from last season’s team that finished 11-18 overall. The Colonials also return eight letterwinners while adding five newcomers.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will remain at home to host Wisconsin on Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 7 p.m. in Cassell Coliseum. The game is part of the annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).