|(11) Penn State (8-2)||28||32||60|
|Virginia Tech (4-4)||21||20||41|
BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will face No. 11/10 Penn State on Wednesday, Dec. 12 at 7 p.m. in Cassell Coliseum.
- Penn State leads the all-time series 2-0. The two teams last met on Dec. 6, 2011 in University Park, Pa.
- Aerial Wilson had 10 points and four assists for the Hokies while Alyssa Fenyn grabbed seven rebounds. Maggie Lucas tallied 20 points and eight boards for the Lady Lions.
- The Hokies are 7-14 all time against teams from the Big Ten including a 47-38 win earlier this season over Wisconsin as part of the ACC/BigTen Challenge. Penn State fell to Miami, 69-65 in the Challenge.
- Virginia Tech fell to Richmond, 51-65 the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Monet Tellier with a game-high 20 points while grabbing five rebounds. Lauren Evans added 12 points and Alyssa Fenyn posted nine. Alex Kiss-Rusk also recorded five boards.
- Tellier leads the Hokies on the season, averaging 12.1 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game. Fenyn is adding 8.9 ppg and handing out 4.3 apg. Fenyn is thid in the league and 42nd in the NCAA in A/TO ratio at 2.2. Taijah Campbell is adding 5.3 ppg while recording a team-best 6.5 rebounds per game to rank 19th in the ACC.
The Lady Lions
- Penn State defeated Georgetown, 97-74, in the team’s last game.
- Maggie Lucas had 39 points and picked up six steals to lead the Lady Lions. Alex Bentley added 23 points while Nikki Greene pulled down 13 rebounds. Lucas is the current USBWA National Player of the Week.
- Lucas leads PSU on the season with 22.7 points per game while Bentley is adding 12.9 ppg.Bentley is also handing out 4.3 assists per game and picking up 3.6 steals per game. Greene is grabbing a team-best 8.6 rebounds per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will remain at home to host Florida Gulf Coast on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 2 p.m. in Cassell Coliseum.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).