|Florida Gulf Coast (5-4)||35||28||63|
|Virginia Tech (4-5)||24||32||56|
BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will host Florida Gulf Coast on Sunday, Dec. 16 in a 2 p.m. game at Cassell Coliseum.
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Game Notes: Link
- Virginia Tech and Florida Gulf Coast have met the past two seasons with the Eagles holding a 2-0 lead in the series.
- FGCU claimed the 69-41 win last season in Fort Myers, Fla. Aerial Wilson had 15 points for the Hokies while Porschia Hadley grabbed six rebounds.
- FGCU knocked down 17 three-pointers in the game. Four players hit double-digits for the Eagles. Former FGCU player Kelsey Jacobson led with 17 points.
- Virginia Tech is 12-10 all-time against teams from the Atlantic Sun.
- Virginia Tech fell to #11/10 Penn State, 60-41 the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Monet Tellier with a game-high 18 points. Alyssa Fenyn grabbed six rebounds. Alex Kiss-Rusk added eight points.
- Tellier leads the Hokies on the season, averaging 12.9 points, 5.9 rebounds and 3.88 assists per game. Fenyn is adding 8.0 ppg and handing out 3.88 apg. Taijah Campbell is adding 5.3 ppg while recording a team-best 6.5 rebounds per game to rank 19th in the ACC.
- Florida Gulf Coast lost to South Florida, 67-46, in the team’s last game.
- Brittany Kennedy and Joyce Iamstrong had 10 points each. Sarah Hansen pulled down 11 rebounds while adding nine points.
- Hansen leads the Eagles with 17.1 points and 9.0 rebounds per game. Kennedy is ading 10.6 points, handing out 6.0 assists and picking up 3.0 steals per game.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).