- Virginia Tech and Wake Forest met in the Hokies two final games of the 2011-12 season, facing each other in the final regular season game as well as the first round of the ACC Tournament.
- Wake Forest edged the Hokies, 80-74, in the last meeting on March 1, 2012 in Greensboro, N.C.
- Monet Tellier had 23 points while Aerial Wilson tallied 20 points for the Hokies. Lakevia Boykin dropped in 22 points and Chelsea Douglas added 20 for the Deacs.
- Wake Forest holds the 11-8 all-time record in the series.
- Virginia Tech fell to Florida Gulf Coast, 63-56 the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by a trio of players in double-digits with freshman Taijah Campbell posting 14 points while tallying four blocks. Fellow freshman Lauren Evans added 10 along with senior Alyssa Fenyn’s 10. Monet Tellier grabbed nine rebounds and Aerial Wilson dished out six assists. Larryqua Hall recorded three steals.
- Tellier leads the Hokies on the season, averaging 11.7 points, 6.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game. Fenyn is adding 8.2 ppg and handing out 3.8 apg. Taijah Campbell is adding 6.6 ppg while recording a team-best 6.6 rpg and posting 1.1 blocks per game.
The Demon Deacons
- Wake Forest edged Seton Hall, 64-63 in the team’s last outing on Dec. 8, 2012.
- Lakevia Boykin led all scorers with 22 points. Asia Williams added 11 points while handing out seven assists. Chelsea Douglas rounded out the double-digit scoring with 10 points. Lindsy Wright pulled down a game-high 12 rebounds.
- Boykin leads the Deacs with 14.5 points per game. while Douglas is adding 12.1 points. Williams is putting in 10.0 points and handing out 4.4 assists per game. Dearica Hamby leads the team with 6.7 rebounds per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will return home after the holiday break to host North Carolina A&T on Friday, Dec. 28 at 2 p.m. in Cassell Coliseum.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).