|North Carolina A&T (6-5)||18||21||39|
|Virginia Tech (6-5 (1-0))||31||27||58|
BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will be back on the court following the holiday break to host North Carolina A&T on Friday, Dec. 28 in a 2 p.m. contest at Cassell Coliseum.
- Virginia Tech and North Carolina A&T have met just one other time in program history, with the Hokies picking up an 85-56 win on Dec. 5, 2007 in Blacksburg.
- This is the first of two consecutive games for the Hokies against teams from the MEAC. Tech will face Hampton on Sunday, Dec. 30 at 2 p.m.
- Virginia Tech is 16-3 all-time against teams from the MEAC.
- Virginia Tech defeated Wake Forest, 73-52 the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Uju Ugoka and Monet Tellier with 28 and 23 points, respectively. Both players grabbed a game-high eight rebounds. Ugoka was named the ACC Player of the Week after shooting 72.2 percent from the field on 13-of-18 in her debut game as a Hokie. Aerial Wilson and Lauren Evans handed out six assists each.
- Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 12.8 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game. Alyssa Fenyn is adding 7.6 ppg and handing out 3.8 apg. Taijah Campbell is posting 6.0 ppg while recording 6.1 rpg and posting 1.5 blocks per game to rank seventh in the ACC.
- North Carolina A&T downed William & Mary, 85-78 in the team’s last outing on Dec. 21, 2012.
- JaQuayia Berry tallied 29 points for the Aggies while Tracy King added 20. Amber Calvin dropped in 12 points to round out the double-digit scoring. Berry also grabbed a game-high nine rebounds and secured four steals. Adriana Nazario handed out six assists.
- Berry leads the Aggies on the season with 12.2 points per game with Calvin adding 11.1. Berry is pulling down a team-best 7.3 rebounds per game and recording 2.2 steals per game. Nazario is tallying 3.0 assists per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will remain at home to host Hampton on Sunday, Dec. 30 at 2 p.m. in Cassell Coliseum.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).