BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will travel to Durham, N.C. to face No. 4 Duke on Wednesday, Jan. 16. Game time is slated for 7 p.m. at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Date/Time: January 16, 2013/7 p.m.
Opponent: #4/4 Duke
Site: Durham, N.C. (Cameron Indoor Stadium)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Live Audio: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 22nd meeting between the two teams.
- Duke holds the all-time series lead at 19-2.
- The Blue Devils claimed a 67-45 win the last time the two teams met, winning last season in Durham. Aerial Wilson had 19 points for the Hokies. Alyssa Fenyn grabbed five rebounds and dished out five assists. Duke was led by Tricia Liston with 17 points. Chelsea Gray added 15 while Elizabeth Williams had 12. Haley Peters tallied 11 points and nine rebounds.
- Virginia Tech fell to #10/10 Maryland 74-45 the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Uju Ugoka with 12 points. Monet Tellier added 11 points for Tech. Nia Evans pulled down seven rebounds.
- Ugoka is averaging 17.0 points and 7.7 rebounds in six games played for the Hokies. Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 12.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game. Alyssa Fenyn is adding 7.2 ppg and handing out 3.3 apg. Campbell is posting 5.6 ppg while recording 5.4rpg and posting 1.5 blocks per game to rank sixth in the league.
The Blue Devils
- Duke defeated Wake Forest, 73-44 in the team’s last game.
- Three players tallied double-digit points for the Blue Devils with Elizabeth Williams posting 18 while pulling down seven rebounds and posting four blocks. Chloe Wells and Richa Jackson had 10 points each.
- Williams leads Duke on the season with 15.5 points and 6.4 rebounds per game and is averaging a league-high 3.3 blocks per game. Chelsea Gray is adding 14.1 points and leads the ACC with 6.5 assists per game. Tricia Liston is tallying 12.9 ppg. Haley Peters is recording 12.5 ppg and pulling down a team-high 6.8 rpg.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will have a week between games before traveling to NC State on Thursday, Jan. 24 for a 7 p.m. game at Reynolds Coliseum.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).