|Virginia Tech (7-11, 1-6 ACC)||18||21||39|
|NC State (9-11, 1-7 ACC)||30||28||58|
BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will be back on the road, traveling to North Carolina State for a Thursday, Jan. 24 game against the Wolfpack. Game time is slated for 7 p.m. at Reynolds Coliseum in Raleigh, N.C.
Date/Time: January 24, 2013/7 p.m.
Opponent: North Carolina State
Site: Raleigh, N.C. (Reynolds Coliseum)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Live Audio: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 13th meeting between the two teams.
- NC State holds the all-time series lead at 12-0.
- The Wolfpack claimed a 65-53 win the last time the two teams met, winning last season in Blacksburg on Jan. 29. Monet Tellier and Aerial Wilson posted 16 points each in the win for the Hokies. Kody Burke had 20 points for State.
- Virginia Tech fell to #4/4 Duke 58-26 the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Monet Tellier with 10 points. Uju Ugoka pulled down nine rebounds.
- Ugoka is averaging 15.1 points and 7.9 rebounds in seven games played for the Hokies. Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 12.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game. Alyssa Fenyn is adding 7.1 ppg and handing out 3.1 apg. Taijah Campbell is posting 5.2 ppg while recording 5.1 rpg and posting 1.5 blocks per game to rank sixth in the league.
- North Carolina State defeated Florida State, 82-74 in the team’s last game.
- Four players tallied double-digit points for the Wolfpack with Kody Burke posting 16 while pulling down eight rebounds and posting three blocks. Marissa Kastanek added 14 points and six rebounds. Krystal Barrett and Myisha Goodwin-Coleman had 10 points each.
- Burke leads NC State on the season with 14.9 points and 7.7 rebounds per game and is averaging a league-high 1.8 blocks per game. Kastanek is adding 12.7 points. Goodwin-Coleman is handing out 3.5 assists per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will return to the court against #22/21 Florida State on Sunday, Jan. 27 for a 2 p.m. game at the Tucker Center in Tallahassee, Fla.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).