BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will travel to Tallahassee, Fla. to face No. 21/22 Florida State on Sunday, Jan. 27. Game time is slated for 2 p.m. at the Tucker Center. The game will be broadcast on ESPN3.
Date/Time: January 27, 2013/2 p.m.
Opponent: #22/21 Florida State
Site: Tallahassee, Fla. (Tucker Center)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: ESPN3
Live Audio: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 30th meeting between the two teams.
- Florida State and Virginia Tech have a long history, dating back to the first meeting in 1979. Both teams were members of the Metro Conference.
- The Seminoles claimed a 78-60 win the last time the two teams met, winning last season in Tallahssee on Feb. 5. Porschia Hadley had 18 points for the Hokies while Monet Tellier and Aerial Wilson added 17 and 16, respectively. Natasha Howard led FSU with 16 points and 14 rebounds. Chelsea Davis also had 16 points. Leonor Rodriguez had 13 points and Chasity Clayton added 12.
- Virginia Tech fell to NC State 58-39 the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Monet Tellier with 13 points and eight rebounds. Porschia Hadley and Uju Ugoka added six points each.
- Ugoka is averaging 14.0 points and 7.6 rebounds in eight games played for the Hokies. Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 12.8 points, 5.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game. Alyssa Fenyn is adding 6.8 ppg and handing out 2.9 apg. Taijah Campbell is posting 5.2 ppg while recording 5.1 rpg and posting 1.5 blocks per game to rank sixth in the league.
- Florida State, defeated Georgia Tech 76-71 in the team’s last game.
- Chelsea Davis had 23 points and tallied three blocks for the Seminoles while Leonor Rodriguez and Chasity Clayton added 10 points each. Natasha Howard grabbed seven rebounds.
- Five players are averaging double-digits for FSU. Rodriguez is dropping in 15.8 points per game, Alexa Deluzio is adding 13.9 ppg. Davis and Howard are averaging 13.6 ppg each while Clayton is posting 11.6 ppg. Howard is also leading the team in rebounding with 7.6 rpg.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will return home to host Clemson on Thursday, Jan. 31 for a 7 p.m. game in Cassell Coliseum.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).