BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will return to Cassell Coliseum, following a three game ACC road swing, on Thursday, Jan. 31 for a 7 p.m. game against Clemson.
Date/Time: January 31, 2013/7 p.m.
Site: Blacksburg, Va. (Cassell Coliseum)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Live Audio: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 14th meeting between the two teams.
- Virginia Tech holds the all-time series lead at 7-6. The Hokies are 3-3 in games against the Lady Tigers at Cassell Coliseum.
- The two teams split last season with each winning on the road. The Hokies claimed a 55-33 win on Jan. 2, 2012 in Clemson while the Lady Tigers won 55-51 in overtime at Cassell Coliseum on Feb. 3, 2012.
- Aerial Wilson had 14 points for the Hokies in the game at Cassell last season while Monet Tellier added 13 points and pulled down nine rebounds. Porschia Hadley posted 10 points. Nikki Dixon led Clemson with 19 points.
The Hokies (7-12, 1-7 ACC)
- Virginia Tech fell to #22/21 Florida State, 70-56, the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Monet Tellier with 18 points. Uju Ugoka added 10 points and grabbed a game-high nine rebounds.
- Ugoka is averaging 13.6 points and 7.8 rebounds in nine games played for the Hokies. Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 13.1 points, 5.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game. Alyssa Fenyn is adding 6.5 ppg and handing out 2.9 apg.
The Lady Tigers (5-14, 1-7 ACC)
- Clemson fell to Maryland 80-40 in the team’s last game.
- Nikki Dixon posted 17 points and had four steals for the Lady Tigers. Charmaine Tay grabbed nine rebounds.
- Dixon leads Clemson on the season, averaging 14.6 points and 2.7 steals per game. Quinyotta Pettaway is adding 9.3 ppg and pulling down 9.2 rebounds per game. Aisha Turner is handing out 3.2 assists per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will be back on the road, traveling to Miami on Sunday, Feb. 3 for a 2:05 p.m. game at BankUnited Center.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).