BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will travel to Miami for an ACC match-up on Sunday, Feb. 3. Game time is set for 2:05 p.m. at BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Fla.
Date/Time: February 3, 2013/2:05 p.m.
Site: Coral Gables, Fla. (BankUnited Center)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Live Audio: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 15th meeting between the two teams.
- Miami holds the all-time series lead at 8-6. The Hokies are 2-5 in games against the Hurricanes in Coral Gables.
- Miami picked up the win last season, claiming a 79-48 decision at the BankUnited Center. The Hokies were led by Monet Tellier with 18 points while Aerial Wilson added 15 points and picked up three steals. Alyssa Fenyn grabbed six rebounds.
- Stephanie Yderstrom had 22 points for the Hurricanes and Shawnice Wilson added 12 points and pulled down five rebounds. Former Hurricane, Shenise Johnson posted 18 points and secured six steals.
- Virginia Tech fell to Clemson, 47-37, the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Monet Tellier with 14 points and three assists. Uju Ugoka grabbed a game-high 14 rebounds. Alyssa Fenyn tallied a pair of steals.
- Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 13.1 points, 5.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game. Ugoka is averaging 12.9 points and 8.4 rebounds in ten games played for the Hokies. Alyssa Fenyn is adding 6.2 ppg and handing out 2.9 apg. Taijah Campbell is talling 5.0 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
- Miami fell to Duke 82-43 in the team’s last game.
- Krystal Saunders tallied 15 points for the Hurricanes while Shawnice Wilson added eight points. Wilson, Morgan Stroman and Keyona Hayes each pulled down eight rebounds for Miami.
- Stroman leads the Hurricanes on the season, averaging 12.8 points, 8.6 rebounds and 2.1 steals per game. Stefanie Yderstrom is adding 12.2 points and handing out 2.2 assists per game. Wilson is tossing in 8.4 points and grabbing 7.4 boards per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will remain on the road for a TV game at Georgia Tech on Friday, Feb. 8. Game time is slated for 8:30 p.m. at McCamish Pavilion.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).