BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will travel to Atlanta, Ga. to face Georgia Tech on Friday, Feb. 8. Game time is slated for 8:30 p.m. at McCamish Pavilion and will be broadcast on the RSN network as well as ESPN3.
Date/Time: February 8, 2013/8:30 p.m.
Opponent: Georgia Tech
Site: Atlanta, Ga. (McCamish Pavilion)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Game Notes: Link
Where to watch the game: Link
- This marks just the 11th meeting between the two teams.
- Georgia Tech holds the all-time series lead at 6-4. The Hokies are 1-2 in games against the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta.
- The Yellow Jackets picked up the win last season, claiming a 76-66 decision at Cassell Coliseum. Four players hit double-digits for Tech with Aerial Wilson dropping in 21. Alyssa Fenyn added 12 while Monet Tellier and Porschia Hadley posted 12 and 11, respectively.
- Former Georgia Tech player Sasha Goodlett led the Yellow Jackets with 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds. Top returner from the game is Sydney Wallace who posted nine points.
- Virginia Tech fell to Miami, 68-42, the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Uju Ugoka with 12 points and 13 rebounds. Lauren Evans also added 12 points for Virginia Tech.
- Monet Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 12.6 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game. Ugoka is adding 12.8 points and pulling down a team-best 8.8 rebounds in 11 games played for the Hokies. Alyssa Fenyn is adding 6.0 ppg and handing out 2.7 apg.
The Yellow Jackets
- Georgia Tech edged Virginia 65-62 in the team’s last game.
- Two players scored over 20 points for the Yellow Jackets. Tyaunna Marshall tallied 25 points while grabbing 10 rebounds. Sydney Wallace dropped in 22 points. Dawnn Maye handed out five assists.
- Marshall leads Georgia Tech on the season with 16.9 points, 8.7 rebounds and 2.4 steals per game. Brittany Jackson is adding 11.1 points while Maye is tallying 10 points per game. Maye is also handing out 4.9 assists per game.
RSN Television Affiliates
- FS South
- Sun Sports (Central and North Florida)
- FS Florida (North Florida)
- Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic Plus
- FS Arizona Plus
- FS Detroit Plus
- FS Wisconsin
Up Next: Virginia Tech will return to Cassell Coliseum to face in-state ACC rival Virginia on Sunday, Feb. 10 in a 2 p.m. game.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).