BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will host in-state ACC rival Virginia on Sunday, Feb. 10 at 2 p.m. in Cassell Coliseum. The contest marks the Hokies' annual Play4Kay, pink game for breast cancer awareness.
Date/Time: February 10, 2013/2 p.m.
Site: Blacksburg, Va. (Cassell Coliseum)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Live Audio: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 49th meeting between the two teams.
- The series marks the longest continuous series in Virginia Tech program history. The two teams first met in Tech’s inagural season, 1976-77 and have met at least once every season since.
- Virginia holds the all-time series lead at 40-8. The Hokies are 4-14 in games against the Cavaliers in Blacksburg.
- The ‘Hoos claimed the win earlier this season in Charlottesville, edging the Hokies 52-48. Monet Tellier dropped in 20 points while Uju Ugoka added 16 for the Hokies. China Crosby had 16 points for UVA while Ataira Franklin chipped in 13.
- Virginia Tech defeated Georgia Tech, 63-61, the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Monet Tellier with 24 points, five rebounds, four assists and a pair of steals. Aerial Wilson added 11 points and Alyssa Fenyn tallied 10 while handing out five assists. Porschia Hadley grabbed six rebounds.
- Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 13.1 points, 5.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. Uju Ugoka is adding 12.8 points and pulling down a team-best 8.8 rebounds in 11 games played for the Hokies. Fenyn is adding 6.2 ppg and handing out 2.8 apg.
- Virginia fell to Duke, 62-41 the last time out.
- Ataira Franklin posted 15 points to lead the ‘Hoos and grabbed nine reounds. Telia McCall led on the boards, pulling down a game-high 11 rebounds. China Crosby handed out five assists.
- Franklin is leading the Cavaliers on the season with 13.2 points per game. Kelsey Wolfe is averaging 11.5 ppg. McCall leads the team with 8.1 rebounds per game while Crosby is dishing out 4.1 assists per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will remain at home to host #5/4 Duke on Thursday, Feb. 14. Game time is set for 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on the ACC Digital Network.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).