|(5) Duke (23-1, 13-0)||40||37||77|
|Virginia Tech (8-16, 2-11)||14||19||33|
BLACKSBURG, Va - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will host #5/4 Duke on Thursday, Feb. 14 in an ACC Digital Network game broadcast on the league's online network. Tip-off time is slated for 7:04 p.m. in Cassell Coliseum.
Date/Time: February 14, 2013/7 p.m.
Opponent: #5/4 Duke
Site: Blacksburg, Va. (Cassell Coliseum)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: HokieSports.com - Link
Live Video: ACC Digital Network - Link
Talent: Tom Werme and Chelsea Shine
Live Audio: HokieSports.com - Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 23rd meeting between the two teams.
- Duke holds the all-time series lead at 20-2. The Hokies are 1-8 in games against the Blue Devils in Blacksburg.
- The Blue Devils claimed the win earlier this season in Durham, defeating the Hokies 26-58. Monet Tellier had 10 points and Alyssa Fenyn added six. Uju Ugoka pulled down nine rebounds for the Hokies. Elizabeth Williams posted 20 points for Duke and pulled down eight rebounds. Chelsea Gray added 12 points while Haley Peters grabbed a game-high 10 boards.
- Virginia Tech was edged by rival Virginia, 50-47, the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Lauren Evans with 13 points. Monet Tellier added 10 points, six rebounds and three assists. Aerial Wilson dropped in nine points. Nia Evans also grabbed six boards for the Hokies and tallied three blocks.
- Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 13.0 points, 5.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. Uju Ugoka is adding 12.8 points and pulling down a team-best 8.8 rebounds in 11 games played for the Hokies, but has been sidelined by injury the past two games. Fenyn is adding 6.1 ppg and handing out 2.8 apg.
The Blue Devils
- Duke defeated Maryland, 71-56 in the team’s last outing.
- Chelsea Gray led three players in double-digits, dropping in 28 points while Tricia Liston added 17 points. Elizabeth Peters recorded a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
- Williams leads the Blue Devils on the season with 15 points and 7.1 rebounds per game. Gray is adding 13.6 ppg while handing out a league-best 5.6 assists per game. Liston is averaging 12.7 ppg and Haley Peters is knocking down 11.5 ppg and grabbing 6.9 rpg.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will return to the road for a trip to Clemson. Tech will face the Lady Tigers on Sunday, Feb. 17 in a 1 p.m. tip at Littlejohn Coliseum.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).