BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will travel to Clemson, S.C. to face the Lady Tigers on Sunday, Feb. 17. Game time is set for 1 p.m. at Littlejohn Coliseum.
Date/Time: February 17, 2013/1 p.m.
Site: Clemson, S.C. (Littlejohn Coliseum)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 15th meeting between the two teams.
- The teams are tied in the all-time series at seven wins each. The Hokies hold the 4-3 advantage in Clemson.
- The Lady Tigers claimed the win earlier this season in Blacksburg, defeating the Hokies 47-37. Monet Tellier had 14 points. Uju Ugoka added seven points and pulled down 14 rebounds for the Hokies. Quinyotta Pettaway posted 14 points for Clemson and grabbed eight boards. Kelly Gramlich added 11 points and Charmaine Tay handed out four assists.
- Virginia Tech fell to No. 5/4 Duke, 77-33, the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Alyssa Fenyn with seven points. Lauren Evans added six points. Aerial Wilson grabbed five rebounds and Alexis Lloyd handed out three assists.
- Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 12.6 points, 5.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game. Uju Ugoka is adding 12.8 points and pulling down a team-best 8.8 rebounds in 11 games played for the Hokies, but has been sidelined by injury the past three games. Fenyn is adding 6.1 ppg and handing out 2.7 apg.
The Lady Tigers
- Clemson fell to No. 7/8 Maryland, 75-45 in the team’s last outing.
- Nikki Dixon led the Lady Tigers with 13 points. Aisha Turner added nine points and tallied four assists while Quinyotta Pettaway grabbed seven rebounds.
- Dixon leads Clemson on the season with 13.2 points per game. Pettaway is adding 10.2 ppg while pulling down 9.2 rebounds per game. Turner is averaging 3.4 assists per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will be back at home to host North Carolina in a TV game on Friday, Feb. 22. Game time is set for 8:35 p.m. at Cassell Coliseum.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).