|(19) Florida State (20-7, 10-6)||22||30||52|
|Virginia Tech (9-18, 3-13)||33||38||71|
Date/Time: February 24, 2013/1 p.m.
Opponent: #19/20 Florida State
Site: Blacksburg, Va. (Cassell Coliseum)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 31st meeting between the two teams.
- Florida State and Virginia Tech have a long history, dating back to the first meeting in 1979. Both teams were also previously members of the Metro Conference.
- FSU holds the lead in the all-time series at 21-9. The Hokies are 6-8 against the Seminoles at Cassell Coliseum.
- Florida State claimed the win earlier this season in Tallahassee with a 70-56 decision at the Tucker Center. The two teams were tied at 45 with 8:58 to play in the second half before the Seminoles used a 25-11 run to break open the scoring.
- Monet Tellier had 18 points for the Hokies. Uju Ugoka added 10 points and grabbed nine rebounds. Alexis Lloyd came off the bench for eight points and picked up three steals.
- Chelsea Davis had 19 points to lead four Seminoles in double-digit scoring. Davis also grabbed seven rebounds. Leonor Rodriguez added 14 while Alexa Deluzio added 13 points and seven boards. Chastity Clayton posted 12 points.
- Virginia Tech fell to #16/17 North Carolina, 72-50, the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Monet Tellier who recorded 15 points, five rebounds and eight assists. Alexis Lloyd recorded a new career-high with 11 points and Uju Ugoka tallied 10 points. Alyssa Fenyn notched seven points and a team-high seven rebounds.
- Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 13 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. Uju Ugoka is adding 12.1 points and pulling down a team-best 8.3 rebounds in 13 games played for the Hokies. Fenyn is adding 6.2 ppg and handing out 2.8 apg.
- Florida State dropped a 61-50 decision to #5/4 Duke in the team’s last outing.
- Alexa Deluzio posted 16 points for the Seminoles. Natasha Howard recorded a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds. Leonor Rodriguez tallied nine points.
- Rodriguez leads the Seminoles with 16.4 points per game. Deluzio is adding 13.9 ppg while Howard is posting 13.7 points and 7.9 rebounds per game. Davis and Chastity Clayton are averaging 13.4 and 11.1 ppg, respectively. Yashira Delgado is recording 4.6 assists per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will wrap up its regular season road schedule, traveling to Wake Forest on Thursday, Feb. 28. Game time is set for 6:30 p.m. at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Winston-Salem, N.C.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).