|Virginia Tech (10-18 (4-13))||26||36||62|
|Wake Forest (12-17 (5-12))||18||34||52|
BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will wrap up its regular season road schedule on Thursday, Feb. 28 when the team travels to Winston-Salem, N.C. to face Wake Forest. Game time is set for 6:30 p.m. at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Date/Time: February 28, 2013/6:30 p.m.
Opponent: Wake Forest
Site: Winston-Salem, N.C. (LJVM Coliseum)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Live Audio: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 21st meeting between the two teams.
- Wake holds the lead in the all-time series at 11-9. The Hokies are 1-6 against the Demon Deacons at LJVM Coliseum.
- Virginia Tech claimed the win earlier this season in Blacksburg with a 73-52 decision at Cassell Coliseum.
- Uju Ugoka had 28 points and eight rebounds for the Hokies. Monet Tellier added 23 points and grabbed eight boards. Lauren Evans and Aerial Wilson handed out six assists each.
- Lakevia Boykin posted 14 points for the Demon Deacons. Sandra Garcia added 13 points and pulled down five rebounds. Chelsea Douglas added 11 points. Asia Williams also grabbed five boards and dished out three assists.
- Virginia Tech knocked off #19/20 Florida State, 71-52, the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Monet Tellier who recorded her 1,000th career point during the game. She finished with 24 points, five rebounds and six assists to lead the Hokies. Uju Ugoka tallied her fourth double-double of the season with 21 points and 12 rebounds. Alyssa Fenyn added nine points.
- Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 13.4 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game. Uju Ugoka is adding 12.7 points and pulling down a team-best 8.6 rebounds in 14 games played for the Hokies. Fenyn is adding 6.3 ppg and handing out 2.7 apg.
The Demon Deacons
- Wake Forest defeated Virgnia, 73-68 in overtime in the team’s last outing.
- Lakevia Boykin dropped in 25 points for the Deacs while Chelsea Douglas added 20. Sandra Garcia posted 11 points and Dearica Hamby had 10. Garcia pulled down a team-best seven rebounds. Asia Williams dished out 10 assists.
- Boykin leads the team on the season with 14.8 points per game. Douglas is adding 14.2 ppg. Hamby is totally 10.9 points and a team-best 6.5 rebounds per game. Williams rounds out the double-digit averages with 10.1 ppg and is tallying 5.1 assists per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will wrap up the regular season on Sunday, March 3 when the Hokies host Miami at 2 p.m. The Hokies will honor seniors Alyssa Fenyn, Aerial Wilson, Kerry Sarver and Rachel Nichols prior to Sunday’s tip-off.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).