|Miami (20-9, 11-7)||19||45||64|
|Virginia Tech (10-19, 4-14)||23||23||46|
BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's basketball team will wrap up the regular season on Sunday, March 3 when the Hokies host Miami at 2 p.m. The game will mark Senior Day for Alyssa Fenyn, Aerial Wilson, Kerry Sarver and Rachel Nichols at Cassell Coliseum.
Date/Time: March 3, 2013/2 p.m.
Site: Blacksburg, Va. (Cassell Coliseum)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 16th meeting between the two teams.
- Miami holds the lead in the all-time series at 9-6. The Hokies are 4-3 against the Hurrianes at Cassell Coliseum.
- The ‘Canes claimed the win earlier this season in Coral Gables with a 68-42 decision at the BankUnited Center.
- Uju Ugoka had a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds. Lauren Evans also tallied 12 points.
- Michelle Woods led Miami with 15 points. Stefanie Yderstrom added 11 and Suriya McGuire posted 10. Keyona Hayes grabbed 11 boards.
The Hokies (10-18, 4-13 ACC)
- Virginia Tech defeated Wake Forest, 62-52, the last time out.
- The Hokies were led by Alyssa Fenyn with 16 points on 6-of-9 from the field including 3-of-4 from outside the arc. In addition, Fenyn grabbed five rebounds, handed out five assists and picked up two steals. Monet Tellier added 14 points and six assists. Uju Ugoka tallied her fifth double-double of the season with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Aerial Wilson added nine points.
- Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 13.4 points, 5.7 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game. Uju Ugoka is adding 12.6 points and pulling down a team-best 8.7 rebounds in 15 games played for the Hokies. Fenyn is adding 6.7 ppg and handing out 2.8 apg.
The Hurricanes (19-9, 10-7 ACC)
- Miami downed Duke, 69-65 in the team’s last outing.
- Four players recorded double-digits for the ‘Canes with Shawnice Wilson leading the way with a double-double, posting 16 points and 12 rebounds. Stefanie Yderstrom added 16 points while Krystal Saunders recorded 15 points. Morgan Stroman tallied 11 points.
- Stroman leads the team on the season with 12.9 points and 8.3 rebounds per game. Yderstrom is adding 12.3 ppg. Wilson is totaling 9.3 points and 8.0 rebounds per game.
Up Next: Virginia Tech will compete in the opening round of the ACC Tournament on Thursday, March 7. Seedings will be announced Sunday evening.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).