BLACKSBURG, Va. - The 12th-seeded Virginia Tech women's basketball team will face fifth-seeded Miami in the opening round of the 2013 ACC Women's Basketball Tournament. Game time is set for 11 a.m. at the Greensboro Coliseum.
Date/Time: March 7, 2013/11 a.m.
Site: Greensboro, N.C. (Greensboro Coliseum)
Radio: 100.7 FM WNMX
Talent: Andrew Allegretta, play-by-play
TV: RSN - Affiliates
Live Stats: Link
Live Video: Link
Game Notes: Link
- This marks the 17th meeting between the two teams.
- Miami holds the lead in the all-time series at 10-6. This is the first time that the two teams have met at a neutral site.
- The ‘Canes claimed wins in both games this season, including four days ago in Blacksburg. Miami won 64-46 in the final regular season game for both teams.
- Alyssa Fenyn led the Hokies with 14 points. Uju Ugoka added 12 points and grabbed eight rebounds. Monet Tellier posted 10 points for Tech.
- Morgan Stroman led Miami with 18 points and 15 rebounds. Stefanie Yderstrom added 13 points while Suriya McGuire posted 12. Shawnice Wilson tallied 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds.
- Monet Tellier has been solid for the Hokies all season, averaging 13.3 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game. Uju Ugoka is adding 12.6 points and pulling down a team-best 8.7 rebounds in 16 games played for the Hokies. Alyssa Fenyn is adding 6.9 ppg and handing out 2.7 apg.
- This marks the second consecutive year that the Hokies have faced the same opponent in the opening round of the tournament that they also faced in the final regular season game. Last year, Tech closed out the season against Wake Forest and faced the Deacs in the opening round of the ACC Tournament.
- Morgan Stroman leads the team on the season with 13.0 points and 8.6 rebounds per game. In addition, Stroman has tallied a team-best 53 steals this season.
- Stefanie Yderstrom is adding 12.3 ppg and handing out a team-best 2.4 assists per game. Shawnice Wilson is totaling 9.3 points and 8.0 rebounds per game while Suriya McGuire is posting 7.2 ppg.
Up Next: With a win, the Hokies would advance to face #4 seeded Florida State on Friday, March 8 at 11 a.m.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's basketball, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WBBall).