No. 16 Virginia Tech hits the road for the first time this season for the Husker Classic
• The Hokies open the Husker Classic against Nebraska Friday at 6 p.m.
• The teams are meeting for the second time in program history
• Virginia Tech has never played in the state of Nebraska
• This marks the second meeting between the two teams
• The two teams first meeting was last season at the Hilton Garden Inn Hokie Invitational here in Blacksburg
• The Hokies fell to the Huskers in a 4-3 double-overtime match
• Virginia Tech closes out the Husker Classic with a 10:30 a.m. matchup against Iowa State
• The teams are meeting for the first time in program history
LAST TIME OUT
• Virginia Tech opened is 2012 season last weekend, hosting the Hilton Garden Inn Hokie Invitational
• The Hokies swept the invitational with a 1-0 double-overtime win over UNC Wilmington and a 2-0 win over
• The Hokies out shot their opponents 30-12 and took 13 corner kicks
• The Hokies are facing five teams this season that have never faced Virginia Tech in women’s soccer
• Virginia Tech opened its season against UNC Wilmington, which was the first meeting between the two teams
• The Hokies will face Iowa State, Mount St. Mary’s, Illinois and Oklahoma later this season
• The Hokies are 18-8-3 all-time in the month of August
• Virginia Tech has outscored its opponents 71-28 in those games
• The Hokies are 12-1-3 at home in the month of August
Click here to view the full notes.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's soccer, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WSoccer).