|(56) Virginia Tech||6|
HAMMOND, La. – In its second match of the day, the No. 56 Virginia Tech women’s tennis team defeated Southeastern Louisiana 6-1 at the SLU Tennis Complex on the Southeastern campus Wednesday evening.
Tech (12-2) got out to a hot start, claiming the early doubles point as Ilinca Stoica and Kelly Williford defeated SLU’s (12-1) Reginka Nychytailova/Nastya Tokareva, 8-2, in the top spot. Carol Kahoun and Raluca Mita teamed up to helped the Hokies take the point when they earned the 8-4 win over Adriana Castillo/Renee Villarreal at the No. 2 spot.
Kahoun breezed past SLU’s Isabel Brito on Court 5, earning a 6-0, 6-0 win to help get the Hokies rolling, and Emily Lauten added a 6-0, 6-3 win over Adriana Castillo on Court 6.
Mita and Isel Martinez-Marcos got the Hokies closer to victory with wins at No. 4 and 3, respectively, and Stoica capped off the win with a come-from-behind, three-set victory in the top spot.
Tech will remain on the road this weekend as it returns to conference play, traveling to Boston College for a match on Saturday, March 16.
1. Ilinca Stoica (VT) def. Reginka Nychytailova (SLU) 3-6, 6-2, 10-6
2. Isel Martinez-Marcos (VT) def. Nastya Tokareva (SLU) 6-3, 6-4
3. Raluca Mita (VT) def. Valya Rusakova (SLU) 6-3, 6-2Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¨
4. Renee Villarreal (SLU) def. Kelly Williford (VT) 6-4, 6-1
5. Carol Kahoun (VT) def. Isabel Brito (SLU) 6-0, 6-0
Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¨6. Emily Lauten (VT) def. Adriana Castillo (SLU) 6-0, 6-3
1. Ilinca Stoica/Kelly Williford (VT) def. Reginka Nychytailova/Nastya Tokareva (SLU) 8-2Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¨
2. Carol Kahoun/Raluca Mita (VT) def. Adriana Castillo/Renee Villarreal (SLU) 8-4Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¨
3. Isabel Brito/Valya Rusakova (SLU) vs. Emily Lauten/Isel Martinez-Marcos (VT) unfinished
For updates on Virginia Tech women's tennis, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WTennis).