ATLANTA, Ga. -- The Virginia Tech women’s tennis team fell to the No. 19 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 4-0 Sunday afternoon at the Ken Byers Tennis Complex.
Georgia Tech claimed the doubles point when Elizabeth Kilborn and Muriel Wacker defeated Carol Kahoun and Raluca Mita 8-3 at No. 2. The final doubles match was suspended at this point with Georgia Tech’s Jasmine Minor and Natasha Prokhnevska leading Isel Martinez-Marcos and Emily Lauten 6-2 at No. 3.
In singles play, Kurey defeated Kahoun 6-0, 6-3 at No. 4. Wacker quickly added to the Yellow Jacket lead with a 6-2, 6-0 defeat of Williford at No. 5.
Georgia Tech clinched the victory as No. 80 Kilborn defeated Stoica 6-2, 6-2 at No. 1 singles.
The rest of the singles matches were left unfinished once the Yellow Jackets assured the victory.
The Hokies return back to Blacksburg for their final weekend of competition next weekend as they host Miami and Florida State.
1. #57 Megan Kurey/Kendal Woodard (GT) def. Ilinca Stoica/Kelly Williford (VT) 8-1
2. Elizabeth Kilborn/Muriel Wacker (GT) def. Raluca Mita/Carol Kahoun (VT) 8-3
3. Jasmine Minor/Natasha Prokhnevska (GT) vs. Isel Martinez-Marcos/Emily Lauten (VT) 6-2, unfinished
1. #80 Elizabeth Kilborn (GT) def. Ilinca Stoica (VT) 6-2, 6-2
2. #108 Kendal Woodard (GT) vs. Raluca Mita (VT) 6-3, 5-2, unfinished
3. Natasha Prokhnevska (GT) vs. Isel Martinez-Marcos (VT) 6-1, 1-0, unfinished
4. Megan Kurey (GT) def. Carol Kahoun (VT) 6-0, 6-3
5. Muriel Wacker (GT) def. Kelly Williford (VT) 6-2, 6-0
6. Jasmine Minor (GT) vs. Tea Ivanovic (VT) 5-7, 1-1, unfinished
For updates on Virginia Tech women's tennis, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WTennis).